The Saudi Food & Drug Authority initiated Drug Track and Trace System for pharmaceutical products (RSD) as one of its plans to contribute in achieving the kingdom’s Vision 2030 by adopting new technologies for tracking all human drugs manufactured in Saudi Arabia and imported from abroad.
Drug Track and Trace enhances Saudi Food & Drug Authority’s role in protecting society and guaranteeing the safety of all drugs by knowing their origin starting from manufacturing phase until consumption.
- Monitoring the full supply chain operations.
- Guaranteeing that all sold or consumed drugs are genuine.
- Reliable statistics about targeted medication for counterfeit.
- Reliable statistics about source of selling counterfeit medication.
- Decrease the time consumed to provide reliable data.
- Easy platform for patient to know medication information via smartphones.
- Support for the best use of products and reduce waste.
- Real time stop of recalled medications or with warnings.
- Enabling the consumer to check safety of a drug and report any side effects.